View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
dlfred
3" Exhaust

dlfred is on a distinguished road
Default I know this is lengthy, I have run out of mechanical talent.

Thanks for the info.

I removed the TB and found that the nut from the adjustment screw for the throttle stop was gone and the screw had backed out and raised the idle. The warning light trio has been going on for months. Car was running smooth prior to this and now it's running on 4 or 5 cylinders.

Removed TB and did calibration on TPS. The TPS will respond to the settings and will test OK but the readings are all on the low side of the range given. I set the throttle stop screw so that is was just touching the lever. I am not sure that the dash pot screw is correct either. The car starts great and idles now at 1200 rpm's. When driving it is weak and rough running. Below is a list of repairs done in the last 6 months.

Head Gasket Plugs Water Pump
TB Cleaning Cap and Rotor Valve adjustment
Injectors cleaned New battery Thermostat

I have not reset the timing since adjusting the TB.

Search for tech and pulled ISC valve to clean. It did not look very bad but when I disassembled it I found 2 pieces of black rubber inside the ISC. They look to be a part of a rubber seal. They are about 4-5 mm wide and 2mm thick. By the picture it almost looks very similar to the seal used on the Turbo models next to the check valve. Only found 2 pieces, any thoughts on where these came from? The ISC seemed to have the correct gaskets. Put everything back together and the car runs the same.

Where did the rubber pieces come from? Does the ISC have a seal inside?

I am also concerned about the VSV, don't know if it's working right or if it would even matter.

Along with this I have an oil pressure gauge that normally shows 20 - 40 psi and occasionally drops to 0. Hat to say it but I have driven for MILES at 0. No extra temp or noise from motor. You think it's wild to drive on Empty try 0 oil pressure.