View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny A View Post
We have 99ron pump gas here is the UK But to be honest I plan to run this all the time anyways as it's a JDM import. If that's not enough I could put a little methanol in there too, I am a fan of water/meth injection.
RON is not MON. You need to find out the MON of that 99RON gas...I'd guess that it's about 89MON. This is only good for about 16psi of boost, max, using the oem Mkiv ecu. In other words, yes, you'll definitely need to supplement with methanol injection to make 400+rwhp. To make 600rwhp, you'll need a very heavy shot of methanol - the biggest kit you can find should do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny A View Post
...I am still confused as to why a manual gearbox has it's own ECU though
Sigh. The manual gearbox does not have its own ECU. There's a different ECU for the MKIV Supra Turbo depending upon which transmission it has. Hypothetically speaking, if you already owned an Mkiv Supra Turbo with an auto tranny and you decided to convert it to a 6spd, you'd have to swap out the primary ECU. Make sense?

To make 600rwhp+, you'll need an aftermarket fuel controller (eg. an A'PEXI AFC Neo), and a small-medium single turbo kit (eg. 57+mm inducer). The oem twins can't make 600rwhp. Be sure you're running Toyota's 550cc injectors (your j-spec 2jz-gte probably came with 440s, so you'll have to swap them out). Together with the meth kit, you'll have enough fuel for 600rwhp, but just barely. For additional safety, I'd recommend an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, and bump it up to about 50psi base.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 11-27-2011 at 04:40 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote