View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #52
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmkop View Post
]Step 1 - Define your Goal(s):
I would like to do a 10s pass.Was thinking of maybe doing a 1km run just for fun. Want to use her for dragracing.
At the moment i dont really want to strip to much and modify its to much of a nice car, only if its really neccesary, If i do deside to take it out on the road 2/3 times a month it wil be a short distance to show of my supra so can just put back road tires and drive it slow.
__________________________________________________ _________

Step 2 - Clearly define our starting point for the modifications:

So far the gearbox is out the intake is off and the turbos is off and the exhaust system. flywheel is also out. the previous owner modified the vacuum pipes on the oem twins but dit a bad job and i think the ox sensor was stuffed was very heavy on fuel. oem fuel system is still in would like to use the fuel cell.The turbo branch is in with only one bolt to see if the turbo wil fit.I do have a turbo but but its to small wil make it bigger or get a bigger one.wil take size and send it to you. wil send pictures.
I got the gotech pro x ecu,1200cc injectors for the e85.fuelrail,mines cam gears,fuel cell, fuel pressure regulator an the godspeed t4 branch.
__________________________________________________ ______
Thank you for the information you have provided. However, I do have more questions before we get started, numbered in red below:

1) Why would you would "like to use the fuel cell"? Safety? You know that, among other things, it'll drastically reduce the distance that you can drive your Supra, right? Why give this up? Also, it'll make your Supra smell terrible inside, since ...without a LOT of custom sheet-metal work...there won't be a layer of metal between it and the inside of the car, like there is with the oem fuel tank. To me, that also makes the set-up more dangerous, and really not that much more safe at all.
Summary: You said "dont really want to strip to much and modify its to much of a nice car, only if its really neccesary". You also said you would "like to use the fuel cell". These two statements are in direct conflict with each other, because the fuel cell is not necessary to achieve your goals.

2) What is a "godspeed T4 branch". Is this an exhaust header, kind of like this one?
http://www.auto-exhausts.com/blog/wp...bo_1jz_Gte.jpg

Define Goal(s):
- 10.x seconds in 1/4 mile
- No roadracing
- Occasional slow street driving

3) What is your speed/time goal for the "1km run"? If you don't care if (for example) it's bumping off the rev limiter for the last 1/4 of the 1km run, then we don't need to worry about this goal. However, if you want (for example) to hit a maximum top speed of 190mph, then it becomes an important consideration.

4) Nitrous oxide - is this available where you live (I would assume so, but please confirm). Are you willing to consider this as part of your drag racing solution, if it was one of the components of the most cost-effective setup?

Define Starting Point:

5) Would you be willing to sell your t4 header/"branch" and put your oem twins back on, IF we determined that was the least expensive way for you to achieve your goal(s)? ...or do you really, really want a single turbo Mkiv Supra? Either answer is okay with me, I just need to know what it is. If it matters at all, I'm 100% sure that we could definitely get your vacuum lines back to oem configuration, and get your oem twins working properly.

Note: It was probably "very heavy on fuel" because of a boost leak, and not because the ox sensor was "stuffed".

Recommendation: Please perform a leakdown test on your 2jz-gte and post (or PM) me the results.

Request: Please post picture(s) of your Supra as it sits right now.

6) Are you willing to sell any of these other parts, if it is determined that we really don't need them to meet your goal(s)?
"gotech pro x ecu,1200cc injectors for the e85.fuelrail,mines cam gears, fuel pressure regulator"

7) How much time, money and effort have you already invested in creating your custom flywheel? The reason I ask is because I believe we could find a way to get you one ready-to-go for a very affordable price. I'd rather have you invest time in unique modifications that will make your car go faster, rather than spending it on a part you can get off-the-shelf.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 11-23-2011 at 03:21 PM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote