View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #18
icey756
3" Exhaust

icey756 is on a distinguished road

When i took my head to the machine shop he told me he had to take off almost all that was allowed in order to get it right. He had some book that told him how much he could take off i guess. But i could see that if he took off more he would be cutting into something on the side. I wouldn't mind redoing the job but then again to me it would be a waste of time. Later on I want to bore the cylinders and have forged internals. Thats the point at which i would put in studs, get a new head, rebuild the engine, and get a better clutch. If by moly you mean the grease like stuff that came with the bolts then yes we did. If by chasing the threads you mean cleaning them out then yes we did. I'm not quite sure as to what manual you are referring to as far as "reading the manual" goes. To me i would rather have it over tight then not tight enough.