View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

What is the timing set to? Needs to be set to 10?BTDC with the diagnostic jumper in place and NO error codes stored in the ECU.

That HC and CO is too high for just a weak cat. With the NOX so low I think you're more likely looking at an incomplete burn or too much fuel (the EGR is still a consideration if it's stuck open and cooling the chamber too much for a clean burn); Your ignition timing may be retarded (whether you're timing light agrees or not) or your exhaust cam may be advanced.

Replaced the air filter recently?

Additionally, banging on a cat only tells you if it's falling to pieces; They generally fail LONG before that happen. The catalyst gets glazed over and as such doesn't interact with the gases. Also, not that continued high HC emissions will cause this glazing and neuter your cat.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote