View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:58 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, no one makes a kit that I know of. It's easy though. 1/2" or -10AN hose, block adapter for remote mount oil filter, remote oil filter head, thermostat.... and whatever fittings you need. A sandwich plate with the ports on the side is far easier to work with than one where they come straight out... 90? fittings are more restrictive and depending on your IC piping size have very little clearance. I've been curious about how well a water based oil cooler setup would work on a mildly built 7M....

The GE pump isn't wonderful but people do get by with them in N/A-T setups without issue. I'd try eliminating the stock oil cooler as a suspect first (only temporarily). It's easy to check if it's the source of the problem: remove the filter, remove the cooler/filter adapter or whatever you want to call it, install a GE oil filter nipple and directly mount an oil filter... run engine.

A burn spot, no scoring and no material lost? Wow, you caught that quick.... of course if I were dealing with the same engine I'd have very finely tuned hearing too. Well, you're having shit luck that's for sure, they're not my favorite platform but they're usually more reliable than what you've had to deal with. Are the knocks occurring in the same location? Is the engine level (not tipped on any given axis)?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote