View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road
Default Tired of rod knocks...

about to put my third set of bearings in my 7mgte in 3000 miles -__-. I did a full rebuild and all of my clearances were PERFECT (under .002) everything was torqued to spec. i did the bearing matching and everything I checked the oil pump and clearances were PERFECT and it only had 30k on it. I shimmed the op and the cooler recirc.I replaced the oil squirters and the cams spec'd PERFECT as well I have an aftermarket oil cooler on the stock system (no filter relocate) I run 10w30 conventional oil and drove it VERY EASY on break in 1500 miles. i have the 6m crank and rev to redline alot but its stock rev limit it stops at 6500-6700 ish so it isnt over revving. I'm gonna put one more set of bearings and a new op in it and hope for the best, but other than replacing the psi line from the pump to the block and a filter relocate, what else will help with my oil issues. are the 7ms known to have rod issues from harmonic balancer issues or from being solid mounted? (miatas are known to eat rod bearings if the balancer is loose) also how much power are the stock rod bolts/main bolts good for? I'm making 325whp maybe i'm just over stretching the rod bolts?? i'm at a loss and about to just scrap my 7m i'm tired of the oiling on it 4psi at idle is just stupid... I'd just hate to throw out all the time and money i have into the swap/rebuild... I build engines for a living and have NEVER had an issue like this before on engines that see 8k + all the time and make well over 7-800 hp. Maybe I was misinformed but from what i gathered the stock internals should handle about 400hp without needing upgrades besides pistons... any upgraded pumps available maybe a gerotor pump rather than a gear pump????
92 miata 7mgte swap forged pistons,studded mhg, 3 inch dp with a glass pack,blowthrough MAF-T,550cc inj, act stage 2 clutch, fmic kit, greddy rs, full wire tuck, rx7 lsd rear with 4.10s. 15psi "ct26-A"??(waiting on dyno #s) if anyone knows whats up with my turbo let me know it has a larger comp wheel nicer machining and 6 dual fins rather than 5? its confusing and keep finding too much contradicting info. would LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE a compressor map

Last edited by turbonicsperformance; 11-03-2011 at 08:36 AM.
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote