View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

take the block to a reputable shop (preferably one that is familiar with these motors) and have them check everything on the block (inspect, clean, magnaflux, then advise to you their machining recommendations). the less you have to mill the block the better. u mostly just want to smoothest surface for the hks gasket. lapping the surface of the block is the best way to get it smoothest, but its also time consuming and labor intensive. some machine shops will do this, like i said tho, its spendy.

i opted out of lapping the block/head. ended up using a product called gasqasinch. we will see how it works, but ive got faith. when i pulled the head off the other day, lets just say it was a PITA with the gasqasinch on there.

i got the 1.2mm gasket, but when the machine shop tells you how much needs to be taken off the block and head, you can take that number and subtract it from the original height and buy the gasket accordingly. i just opted to get adjustable cam gears and only worry about gasket price. 400+ for a gasket was a lil ridiculous in my book....