Thread: No heat help
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I can't give you a detailed explanation of every part, I don't have an assembly to look at right now. The servo controls an air mixer; A flap which opens to allow air to flow through the heater core or closes to prevent it from flowing through it to a large degree.... This is how you can have the A/C on and still have coolant running through the heater core. The heater control valve which diverts coolant in the engine bay does open while the A/C is operating, just not when it's on high. So, no heat = blocked heater core, bad coolant valve or bad VSV in the heater control assembly, bad climate control unit, bad thermistor in the heater core, bad servo or stuck mixer.

I'm going off memory here so if I'm slightly off on something it's because I haven't worked on one in quite a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by interested! View Post
Questions? : how do I test the servo to operate to open the door to hot air?
See the like I've already posted for diagnostic procedures.

The heater control valve's (HCV aka heater bypass valve) VSV is the most common point of failure.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 10-24-2011 at 12:46 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote