Thread: No heat help
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

The jiggle valve isn't going to change whether you get heat or not and its presence isn't going to affect when the thermostat opens. Is the car getting up to normal operating temps in the normal amount of time? Coolant level normal? It may be a blockage in the heater core or a problem with the electrical and air routing system inside the dash.

EDIT: Sorry, I see you said it's running at temp just fine. Normal is dead center, for the most part. If you want to be sure grab the TSRM and measure the reading at the temp sensor directly and use the chart to find the temp it's at.

I'd back-flush the system aggressively.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 10-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote