View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
Ranma
12psi boost

Ranma is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87hilux7mge View Post
nor do i destroy vehicles just to do it. i have saved more 3rd gen camaros and toyota pickups from the rust pile than i can count.

but in the same note, i do drive my vehicles, and hard (no i dont drift. wouldnt mind trying, but there are tracks for that).

i try and build everything so it will last as long as possible and dont cut corners. hence why ive been taking so long building the motor for my pickup right now. i have literally taken apart, cleaned, reconditioned and reassembled EVERY nut, bolt and part on this motor. why? cuz i dont want to have to do it again any time soon. this goes the same for the rest of the drivetrain, body, interior etc.

neway. i can understand you being upset kids terrorizing the neighborhood. we have the honda-heads here in spokane driving like retards all the time.
Problem with a single piece drive shaft is the vibration. Like airplanes vibration is a destructive force. There are cases of airliners falling apart in flight from harmonic vibrations. My guy started at 55 and by 75 was loosing the fillings on my teeth. Now Carol what sort of racing do you do? The vibration must be hell over 100. At a certain point the vibration will overcome any advantages. Now if you want one piece the Government Motors Camaros and Fire Chickens have them.