Thread: RPM to shift
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 11:59 PM   #10
winnas13
Stock

winnas13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
winnas13, you're totally missing the point, because you didn't read the full question. You seem to have missed the part where RSDXzec asked (in fact this was the ONLY question in his post): "So I'd like to know if this car is made to be shifted alot higher." The answer YES. No ifs, ands or buts.

PLEASE do not forget, this is a "Performance, Modification and Mantenance Forum". It's not a how-should-I-drive-to-get-to-my-grandma's-house forum.

winnas13, if you want to ask when to shift an Mkiv Supra Turbo when you're driving to the movie, the answer to that question is that it really doesn't matter at all (anything over about 1500 rpm should keep you from stalling it). If you want to ask "how should I shift to avoid speeding tickets", the answer is: any low rpm that allows quiet, smooth shifts so you don't attract any 'official' attention. In return though, I'd have to ask you why on earth would those answers would be of any interest to anyone reading this "Performance, Modification and Mantenance Forum" forum?
Fair point mate