Thread: RPM to shift
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 03:09 AM   #8
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnas13 View Post
3 grand shifts feels good for every day driving =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnas13 View Post
Agreed, but at the same time he's just about to get his P's and lets be honest, who drives down to the movie store or the shops shifting at 6800 rpm?? You'd be constantly getting speeding tickets and it's hard to get much speed up around the suburbs anyway.
winnas13, you're totally missing the point, because you didn't read the full question. You seem to have missed the part where RSDXzec asked (in fact this was the ONLY question in his post): "So I'd like to know if this car is made to be shifted alot higher." The answer YES. No ifs, ands or buts.

PLEASE do not forget, this is a "Performance, Modification and Mantenance Forum". It's not a how-should-I-drive-to-get-to-my-grandma's-house forum.

winnas13, if you want to ask when to shift an Mkiv Supra Turbo when you're driving to the movie, the answer to that question is that it really doesn't matter at all (anything over about 1500 rpm should keep you from stalling it). If you want to ask "how should I shift to avoid speeding tickets", the answer is: any low rpm that allows quiet, smooth shifts so you don't attract any 'official' attention. In return though, I'd have to ask you why on earth would those answers would be of any interest to anyone reading this "Performance, Modification and Mantenance Forum" forum?

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 09-19-2011 at 03:29 AM.