Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #2
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

85.5...im assuming you have an n/a..if you have an n/a then you will most likely have to change teh headers...so it will be able to house the turbo, basically...the turbo is run by spent exhaust gases...so when u rev the motor...it will spool the turbo..the turbo is connected to the header so when exhaust gas runs through...it spins the turbine...which in turn spins the compressor on the otherside...teh compressor is located between the throttle body and the intake manifold...as a result..the higher the rpms..the more boost...since u get more exhaust at higher rpms, the boost...which is basically compressed air enters the manifold into the combustion chambers... you get more power because there is more air in the combustion chamber...oh i forgot the intercooler..the air is usually rerouted after the compressor to the intercooler..which if its a good one..doesnt allow any pressure drops..so the air is compressed...intercoolers are usually air to air or air to water...meaning its either water cooled or air cooled...usually its air to air meaning as the boost passes through ambient air surrounds teh intercooler thus "cooling" the boost...which basically drops the temp ...soo cooler air..more air...plus gas...more power..more fun...i hope i dint forget anything...
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote