View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #15
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra shaun View Post
well i disagree according to toyota thats not true heres a link on toyota input senor tech info http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h24.pdf page 25 will explain how the o2 is used. my understanding is that the o2 is only used to keep egt's down while cruising and idleing, and in my opion a larger exhausts is a much better and more cost efficient way to control egt's

First off that article doesn't cover all the specifics for all the cars, just some of the major point... go figure, it's just a textbook. There's a group of engineers on SupraMania who've reverse engineered the complete TCCS... go talk to them about it, it's dizzying.

The O2 sensor isn't employed to reduce exhaust temps... it actually INCREASES them by leaning out the fuel mixture. Disconnect it and you'll be running in the 13's or richer and richer = cooler. EGR is employed to bring down cylinder temps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra shaun View Post
7mgte 475 to the rear wheels with no o2 at all unplugged and still running factory ecu and injectors and no e-manage either
Not buying it. You know jack shit about cars, probably haven't done any work on yours and have no idea what the people you paid to work on it did to it. The stock injectors can't supply enough fuel for the amount of air required for that kind of power, the ECU is programmed to cut fuel complete if a certain air flow is exceeded (keep reading I'm sure you'll get to this chapter soon enough and you can modify your story as needed then). Go back to whatever Mazda or Honda forum you usually troll on, your presence here is neither required nor desired.

God, all this jack assery has actually made me dizzy. Claims these cars don't even use an O2 sensor, then is suddenly an expert on how and when they do, what they're used for (which is also wrong) and he built a dragster out of his without making any mods?????
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->

Last edited by cre; 09-14-2011 at 06:34 PM.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote