View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #14
supra shaun
Stock

supra shaun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Again no, that's not entirely accurate... and are you just posting as a means of thinking out loud? The ECU references the O2 sensor the majority of the time once warmed up, including when accelerating (at up to about 70% throttle). When decelerating (coasting down; off throttle and while the RPM are above the fuel cut level) the O2 sensor isn't referenced as the fuel supply is cut altogether. When decelerating below the fuel cut level or at light throttle the O2 sensor is referenced.... and so on and so on and so on... There are a LOT of conditions to this.
well i disagree according to toyota thats not true heres a link on toyota input senor tech info http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h24.pdf page 25 will explain how the o2 is used. my understanding is that the o2 is only used to keep egt's down while cruising and idleing, and in my opion a larger exhausts is a much better and more cost efficient way to control egt's

7mgte 475 to the rear wheels with no o2 at all unplugged and still running factory ecu and injectors and no e-manage either
supra shaun is offline   Reply With Quote