View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #14
winnas13
Stock

winnas13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Fuel cut is very distinctive... it feels almost like you drove your car into a wall, and only right at 14.5 psi (never below that). You may be right - 2nd gear may go by too fast to hit the fuel cut boost level.

Try this as a test :
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/ffcd/freefcd.htm
Don't use it long-term or the longevity of your turbos can suffer.
Okay, Supra is back on the road ($700 later)... Now that i've paid more attention, the boost gauge hits about 0.7 bar, So i reckon I'm running the stock boost still. It hasn't played up so far either, nice smooth boost apart from 1 time, in 3rd gear, it boosted nicely, then stopped for 1/2 second then kept going even though my foot stayed flat. It seems the 2 week rest in the garage has fixed some of these problems.. weird.

Another question i have is, From cold start the idle is perfect, sitting at about 1k rpm. When i drive a short distance (4km or so), stop the engine and start it about 15 mins later - The rpm at idle is down at around 400 - 500 and jumps up and down. It might go down to 350 or 400 and almost stall, then jump to 500 - 600 then back down again. Any ideas what might be causing this?
winnas13 is offline   Reply With Quote