View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #9
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, the Koni Sport (yellow) are quite stiff at their firmest and I don't think Koni even offers anything else for the MKIII. Don't think of any new suspension components in relation to your old shabby ones... you'd probably be blown away by a dirt cheap set of KYB GR-2s right now. Don't over do it on the dampening... it's what keeps the wheels in touch with the ground when you do hit a bump after all.

Once you get decent springs and dampers start saving for new bushings and beefier sway bars... those make a massive difference.

I haven't rode in a vehicle which had Koni dampers but everything else 20 years old so I can't comment on how they'll feel as a solo upgrade... I can't emphasize enough though that you should not expect two components to make up for 20 years of wear and rot on a number of other directly related parts.

Here's Koni's guide on adjusting the shocks: http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm I've been told and have read that they can indeed be adjusted without being completely removed from the car though. Regardless... if you want good AND adjustable then you just have to give a little.

Are the H&R springs linear rate or progressive?
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote