View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

If you're set on adjustable but don't absolutely have to have the TEMS system (aka manual adjustment) then I believe you'll find the Koni are a good deal stiffer at the firmest setting. I prefer this setup anyway as you can tune each wheel individually to account for bias from uneven loads (ie: empty car with just the driver upsetting things on one side). The crap part about these is that I believe you still have to release the strut from the hat in order to rotate the piston to adjust the valve (It's not a huge deal if you're running drop springs as you don't need a spring compressor nor do you need to pull everything out to make the adjustment). This has been a complaint for some time but I don't think there's anything they can do with many struts due to how they're built and how they mount. Regardless I know a lot of people have ditched TEMS in favor of these and were quite happy once they got everything dialed in.

No idea how you're going to manage all this for <$500 though... More like $700+. Just struts are going to cost you $500 or so.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote