View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 04:05 AM   #10
hangsupra
12psi boost

hangsupra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3jj3x
how about a manual conversion on my mk3 well i blew up my head gasket so now im gonna have to get the engine out and put it in and im guessing while im at it, get me a turbo conversion and make more power.

i dont know about the mk3 supra but on my mk2 supra. i done auto to manual conversion.... it take me three hot summer day for me to do it in my garage.. it just me... so its f@cking hot hot summar day... oh well at least i got it done... oh by the way... my mk2 i need to cut the shifter on the frame... cause the housing on the tranny is little bit longer n my auto is little bit shorter... so i need to cut little piece frame on my shifter frame on the body.. to make the manual housing to be able to fit on. any other thing is ok to me. oh by the way anohter think i have proble with is my drive shaft. cause the manual n the auto is diff. one is shorter n the other is longer... so thats the only proble i need to fix on mine... n everything is bolt up for me.... no drow master clutch on my peday.. its already an hole on it... so i just put new pedal n master clutch on it.... n another thing you need to know is to work little bit on starter ground wiring on the tranny to work... so you can be able to start the car. if you dont know how to get the ground wired to work then you cant get the car to start. n another thing is that you need to get a new/use manual ecu too... thats all the proble you need. but i dont kow how much machanic you know.... so this is the hard part for me at first.... but i done another one for my friend in town here to.... it take me 2day to get it done... so its easy now for me. if you live in town here in the 209 area i can help you with that... but i sorry i not to the mk3 so i dont know the diff. i just done the 2 mk2 only. so i sure they kind of the same tho. but i not so sure tho... correct me if i wrong anyone... n if i forgot something or left something else please help me with it. thanx. hope you get to work one day... oh by the way... my is a n/a turbo at first. but after auto/manual conversion i do convert a turbo.... so it take me about 3weeks to get my turbo boost high n booosting right... cause every part in my mk2 is done by me n myself only. no other helper so thats why it take me lots of time to work on it.. cause i just the biginer only.... hehe... so yeah. well i need to sh@t my mouth now. so yeah. hehe. let me know when you get it done.
hangsupra is offline   Reply With Quote