View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #32
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Supracabras View Post
Very nice job! Perhaps we can put together a thread with information on ct-26 identification and differences? I wonder what the gain from the ct26A is over a normal ct26.
Do you still have the computer to that engine?
the engine i pulled out of the car was running on a regular 7mgte ecm i have come to the conclusion that is probably the reason it blew up. the ct26-A on the 7mgte-u only made an extra 12hp or so at the same boost level but from what i understand the turbo is capable of flowing alot more exhuast than the ct26 allowing around 17-18psi before i becomes completely useless unlike the ct26 which becomes basically useless at around 14-15psi
I havent been able to find any compressor maps but i'm gonna do some dyno pulls soon and ill do a baseline pull with just a fmic and 3 inch turbo back as far as engine mods. then i'll up the boost to around 10-12psi and get some realistic numbers.

off topic question though, if my fuel pump is wired straight to my ignition will the ecm still allow fuel cut through injector signal or will it just go lean?
92 miata 7mgte swap forged pistons,studded mhg, 3 inch dp with a glass pack,blowthrough MAF-T,550cc inj, act stage 2 clutch, fmic kit, greddy rs, full wire tuck, rx7 lsd rear with 4.10s. 15psi "ct26-A"??(waiting on dyno #s) if anyone knows whats up with my turbo let me know it has a larger comp wheel nicer machining and 6 dual fins rather than 5? its confusing and keep finding too much contradicting info. would LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE a compressor map
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote