View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:37 PM   #30
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Supracabras View Post
Don't get too excited, you probably were right. The A on the housing is normal from what I have seen. My 89 has it on the compressor too. You could measure the wheel to see if it is any bigger than a regular ct26.
i've been doing alot of reading up on this and the ct-26A was an option in 89 for the regular 7mgte there was 700 of them produced and 500 sold in the u.s it has a better machined compressor housing and a 2mm larger inducer 1mm larger exducer (not sure about this pic but the ct26-A has 6 dual blades and ct26 has 5 dual blades) i think they mioght have labeled the pic wrong i count % dual blades on both wheels here

and yeah i thought that also but when i was taking out the original engine that i believe to be a turbo-A engine i found a map sensor and had no idea why there wasn't a plug for it i kept searching the diagrams for one before deciding someone just used it as an expensive vac plug
92 miata 7mgte swap forged pistons,studded mhg, 3 inch dp with a glass pack,blowthrough MAF-T,550cc inj, act stage 2 clutch, fmic kit, greddy rs, full wire tuck, rx7 lsd rear with 4.10s. 15psi "ct26-A"??(waiting on dyno #s) if anyone knows whats up with my turbo let me know it has a larger comp wheel nicer machining and 6 dual fins rather than 5? its confusing and keep finding too much contradicting info. would LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE a compressor map

Last edited by turbonicsperformance; 08-07-2011 at 06:51 PM.
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote