View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
supraman3000
3" Exhaust

supraman3000 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907mge View Post
Advance auto has a loaner tool program where you should be able to borrow a spring compressor for free. It is a rather simple device and if you have stock struts and springs they are not under too much pressure like some cars. But still use caution since it is a spring used to hold up a 3600lbs car. And as far as a jack goes the factory carry along one will do since you should not need to be under the car to replace the rear struts. And a jack stand is not a bad idea.
I tried doing it lifted the car in jackstands hott as hell you can probably fried an egg on the ground, took the wheel off,loosen the 3 nuts on upper shock inside the car, I take the the new shock i bought on auto zone they only offered gabriels, so i look under the wheel well and linspect both shocks, they are not the same im pissed now! im like these bastards! gave me the wrong sh.....! so put back everything back till i get my new shocks!! p.s got my money back!! went today to do a all wheel alingnment and after an hour and ahalf he tells me hey!! i got the toe in,out front and back,on the camber on the back i was able to do it in the front i was not able to free the nut cuz looks like its seized you need to replace that go to another place get it fix and come back ill do your wheel alignment again cuz you have warranty. Im like is this possible??
supraman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote