View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNs0mN1a View Post
I'm moving to U.K so that means my dream car will be alot cheaper ,then finding a LHD one...
I'm going to buy a (stock) TT Supra,manual transmission of course and make a little rocket from it but i have a few questions:
1)At what maximum mileage should i look so i could have the car at least 2-3 years and use it quite frequently without any major problems?150k km?
Mileage isn't anywhere near as important as maintenance records (to prove proper maintenance). You could get a properly maintained Mkiv with 200,000 miles (not km) on it and still have a decent starting point...or you could get one with 100k km (not miles) that's been poorly maintained and driven abusively and need to replace/refurb all major driveline, suspension, and braking components.
Quote:
2)What's the maximum hp i could achieve on normal fuel(without having to mix it with meth..etc).Or if i run on meth(or smth else?) what does that involve(fuel system,fuel consumption,fuel cost,mixing ?? etc)i'm quite a noob at fuel beside the normal one.
On 93 (R+M)/2 octane pump gas, 350rwhp with the oem twin turbos is a realistic goal. With a large aftermarket turbo setup, you could get to 600rwhp or more on low boost BUT it would be a terrible setup and you wouldn't like it - it would take forever for a huge turbo to spool up (eg. 6000 rpms), and then you'd be limited to low boost that's far below that huge turbo's optimal efficiency range. In short, it's a bad plan to try to get a lot of hp out of a small displacement engine on low octane fuel.
- Your other question about methanol makes more sense, but you don't mix it with the fuel. You need to install a separate meth injection system.
Quote:
3)How many hp's will a BPU++ supra have and how many will a APU(+) have?
BPU++, on race fuel (or meth) *can* get over 425rwhp (6spd) depending on the state of your oem twin turbos and your oem short block. With APU, horsepower is only limited by the size of your pocketbook, up to about 2000rwhp. (really)
Quote:
4)What are the best quality / price parts i should look for?(exhaust(full),bov,greedy bcc?etc...)
Look for top brand name parts, like JUN, HKS and Top Secret. Domestic suppliers like Sound Performance, MVP Motorsports, Powerhouse, Titan Motorsports, and RPS also provide high quality parts.
Quote:
Thank you very much!
Pwpanas you're help would be godlike!
Please don't be silly. I'm just a regular guy that has read a bit about this car, got one, read some more, and then worked on a number of them. I learned a lot from other Supra owners, and almost every day from fellow forum members. Always glad to help.

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.

Last edited by pwpanas; 07-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote