View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Supracabras View Post
Sorry I dont have a more useful comment, but you must really love that truck .... or math. I would think the stock 7mge would have plenty of power for wheelin (maybe not boggin). I never had a problem in my old 86 samurai with its whopping 66 hp and I tested that poor little thing. Not many people have invested that much into the 7MGE, most saying the benifits are too minimal to justify the cost and effort.
I'm not against what you are doing, but why dont you use a gte setup? It's already set up for boost and capable of 400HP so you can worry more about mounting the supercharger and plumbing and installing the engine.
Just an opinion, good luck with it, i'm interested in seeing a supercharged 7m in a pick-up (or anything!).
the truck will definitely have plenty of power with a GE, i just want to do a supercharged one for the hell of it, and too see what i can squeeze out. yea i could use a gte motor, but thats been done a million or so times. i like to do different things haha.

yea, the stroker setup is just workin with parts i have really. when i get forged pistons for 250 and a stroker crank in trade, and i only would need 220 dollar rods, my wheels start turning (probably not the best thing for me to allow). it would be sick to have a stroked, supercharged 7m, and have it be reliable still.

and put simply: yes, i love my truck ALOT haha. thanks for the reply and interest tho!