Thread: EGR Delete
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

It just kills me how often I see this stuff posted. Sure, my grandpappy limps a whole lot less now that they've taken his legs off.... he's faster down hills too (with them big ol' wheels and all). It doesn't mean that's the way it's supposed to work and there was obviously something VERY wrong before hand... so it's not something I generally recommend everyone try for themselves.

Newsflash: The JDM version had no EGR, was just as prone to BHG and made NO MORE POWER than the USDM... Mileage info (government req'd label info, not individual driver's results) probably can't be compared as they most likely use different criteria for defining/measuring it; They are tuned differently for closed loop operation (undoubtedly richer and probably with a slightly milder timing map).

The intake thing is just another one of those dufus things which no one seems to get either... that's the only reason I mentioned it, not talking to anyone in particular. I've got data logs of the differences that causes... intake air charge temp increases of 20 degrees at idle? Can you say 15% loss of off the line power.... but she sure do sound purdy.

Just needed to get it all off my chest... Now I think I'm probably going to finally fully retire from the forum (my wife's going to be thrilled!).

/rant
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote