Thread: EGR Delete
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

all input noted and appreciated CRE. i do not doubt you knowledge for a moment, and i too know what an EGR system is for and its functions, as well as what components of the system look like and where they are located. i am simply sharing my experiences and the modifications ive done on my vehicles, and the results i experienced with said vehicles.

as for the comment towards the CAI i installed, no it was not a K&N on the end of a short metal tube, inside the engine bay. the WEAPON R filter was mounted behind my bumper facia with a FULL CUSTOM aluminum tubing setup that i built and assembled. had it been the former, i would have labeled it a short ram, POS intake, as ive seen and experienced the crap effects of such on a 98 ford taurus sho (mileage and power drop.)

understanding your frusteration, i will again say, i am just stating what i have done and what my results were.

and as for the mk3 motors, this is my first venture with them aside from owning one waaaaay back when i was 16 for approximately 9 months. loved it, but couldnt keep it at the time.

above all that, sorry for the frusteration this and several other conversations have caused you, not the intention or aim of this forum im sure. once again, i apologize if you dont like the information ive provided, and further hope that you will continue to serve and advise me and everyone else on this board.

anyway, that sucks about the overheating problem, have you effectively burped the system? air pockets can work their way around and cause hell for pinning down an overheating problem.