View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 04:35 AM   #6
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Torque specs:
http://www.toyota-supra.info/forums/84660-post8.html

Make sure you chase the threads in the block and lubricate the fasteners thoroughly with a GOOD moly lubricant.

Were both the head and the block inspected for cracks, pitting, warpage?

Generally if a HG is already leaking I don't recommend re-torquing as an attempted fix... You're liable to trap moisture and open yourself up to cavitation of head or block (and with an old HG possibly compromise the reinforcement rings around the coolant jackets and cylinder bores). If the block's really expendable then feel free.. if it works, then you've lost nothing as it's only going to be in there for a year or so and if not well, you're still pulling it.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote