View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #9
ksd9000
Stock

ksd9000 is on a distinguished road

***UPDATE****

OK, so I got an aftermarket boost gauge and hooked it up. Did some more testing and found that the WG actuator was not moving. BTW I bought a blood pressure cuff at CVS and used the pump off it to make a SST that worked exactly like the one in the pic for the TSRM. Just tee'd off the boost gauge and was able to see the pressure at which the WGA opened...

OK so back to the testing... I applied pressure to the WGA and no movement. Some investigation showed that the new turbo came with an adjustable WGA rod. Well whoever put it togehter at the factory adjusted it to the shortest length. In essence it was like shimming the WGA so that it would never open. Some adjusting and pressure testing and the WGA moves freely and correctly.

Test drive.....she dies again around the block and neighbor has to tow me back to the house...

Feels like a fuel delivery issue now. Some more testing and find that there is so much vacuum build up in fuel tank that when I open the fuel cap, it sounds like a jet taking off...WOOOOOSSSSHHHHHHH. Ok, Start up and she runs fine now. Test drive and starving for fuel again.

Went out and bought a new fuel filter and fuel pump. Installation to ensue tomorrow...will post again with more details....

CRE, you help has been on point so far...thanks for your insight!
ksd9000 is offline   Reply With Quote