View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:59 AM   #14
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree, fuel cut at only 9psi on a stock CT-26.... something's wrong or you're driving in VERY crap weather (HOT and DRY). 9psi is the top of the spec for the MKIII, should be able to pass that with no problem. You really shouldn't see fuel cut until at least 12psi at sea level.

A fuel controller doesn't magically allow you to up the boost. It allows you to run higher flow (via larger injectors or higher fuel pressure) and then tell the ECU that less air is actually entering the system.

A FCD just flat out lies to the ECU by telling it that once a certain threshold there is no additional air entering the system.... VERY bad idea without a fuel controller and proper tuning to ensure you're not going engine killer lean.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote