View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
SupraMan1784
SP58GT

SupraMan1784 is on a distinguished road

mm drifting with an auto tranny is pretty tough from my standpoint...because with an auto you dont really have control of the gears once you shift it into drive...though you can use the 1-2-3 gears on teh auto, which are the low gears below the drive option, ive been drifting with a manual for a while...never tried it with an auto but i know kids that just powerslide right through with auto 240's, the suspension setup and the techniques are basically the same as well as teh shift points since it is the same car, setup depends on how much oversteer you want and how much balance you want in teh car, but i think the only thing hindering you is the auto tranny...for me it seems as though u cant control teh gears and the shifting is pretty hard via goin from 4th to 2nd (example), you cant really use clutch kicks either which help get the rear of the car loose...ill have to see if anyone i know drifts without powersliding through corners, as for manual conversion dont go for it yet until i get more information on this
421whp 400(399) ft*lbs of torque on tap @ 15 psi

"Always outnumbered, never outgunned."
SupraMan1784 is offline   Reply With Quote