View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
interested!
3" Exhaust

interested! is on a distinguished road
Smile oil on spark plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesedawn View Post
My car runs good but eat lots of gas and don't have the power it suppose have after 2nd gear

one of my friends (who has a same year supra) driven my car today and he said his supra has much more pull than mine, 7300 feet altitude could affect some power output but should not that much

I checked my air filter and spark plugs(# 1, 2 and 6) , air filter is pretty dirty but the worst parts is my spark plugs!
Here is the picture, god, oil is full around the spark plugs......

Anybody know why? Any good ideas? Do I have to replace all the spark plugs?( I wish not, I don't want move the intake again....)
Hi!
Your oily plugs are due to leaking oil gallery (14mm hex drive ) plugs , mine did this too! the rubber o-ring under the plugs had carbonised and cracked causing the slow leak by pressure/gravity into the adjoining plug hole.They are VERY TIGHT - take care when trying to remove -I used a 1/2 inch drive power bar and a good quality 14mm hex drive and short extension- could have done with some help to hold the extension straight - -you will need some new o-rings to cure the leaks , also a good idea to change the cam cover gaskets, I also changed the clamping screws for 6mm (10mm hex drive ) bolts to get a better clamp-up - no leaks now!
interested! is offline   Reply With Quote