View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
chezpo0f
Stock

chezpo0f is on a distinguished road
Angry *One more mkiii that won't crank =(

Hey guys, I've been trolling around here for a few years now since I first got my Mkiii. I couldn't believe it when I found it, and loved it for about a year until it quit turning over... Been sitting up over a year now and it's killing me. So, I've been reading all these other posts with the same problem and I just can't find an answer that makes sense - neither have I paid anyone to come try their magic at it.

This is what I HAVE tried -

Replaced starter
Replaced alternator
Replaced battery
Swapped out Starter Relay
Tried starting in neutral
Tried resetting security by hooking up battery while key is on, locking and unlocking both doors and trunk with key.

Now, I don't believe its a starter or starter cable problem because.... the ECT box is what clicks, not the solenoid. I pulled the cover off of the ECT today and just found a pcb with plenty of resistors/transistors but no relays or anything that looked like it could be clicking... Does anyone know if there may be another relay or fuse Behind the ECT in that passenger kick panel? Anyway, before I keep going on for days i'm going to stop and ask for ANY SUGGESTIONS, THANKS!

1990 Mk3 Supra
completely stock
1985 Celica GT
stock minus .20 over-sized pistons

Last edited by chezpo0f; 05-23-2011 at 01:48 PM.
chezpo0f is offline   Reply With Quote