View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
87supra7mgte
3" Exhaust

87supra7mgte is on a distinguished road
Default 7mgte, replaced head gasket, turbo, not cranking

so i finally got everything done on the car(so i thought) got the new head gasket in, torqued to 78 ft/lbs, new turbo on, everything nice and good and tight like it should be. all the piping routed that i can w/o turbo to air box piece, all connections are good that i can get, some are just like dead wires that go nowhere it looks like. everything i can possibly see/think of is good. reconnected negative side of battery and won't crank, everything else has power, it just will not crank. started lookin around double checked everything, found a connection on starter/solenoid can't tell which, that somehow came disconnected, and 2 wires dangling that idk how we missed. i believe they are red and yellow, would anyone be able to help me with this? ive got a manual on alldatadiy and its not giving me wire colors that i know. the colors are like B-L, what is that? ive spent like the last hour on the schematics and am going to keep going through it untill i can get it figured out or someone has a positive answer. any ideas? im lost, can't find any connectors that look/feel like they should go there. i refuse to admit defeat, lol, im way too close to being done. 2 other guys and myself have project cars and mine is closest to running and will definately be a rub in the face when she fires up and i drive her to work monday! lol

87 supra, 7MGTE, head gasket and turbo replaced, runs and boosts! fixing wiring odds and ends, then storage for a year basically...then comes big money cash in er, lookin for 500+ to the ground and a very sleek, sexy mkiii
87supra7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote