View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Anthonydi
Stock

Anthonydi is on a distinguished road
Default Smoke all around the turbo

Ok guys I really need some help. Last week I was driving home and suddenly I could smell smoke and smoke started to fill the cab but as soon as I saw it it dissipated. When I got home I shut it down and let everything cool off. Later I popped the hood and revved then engine up and saw that when the turbo started to spool smoke poured out from around the downpipe. I decided to take this as a chance to install my new exhaust over the next couple days. I also tested the downpipe and found a large crack on the flex area so I thought the problem was solved. I got all the other parts installed started the car and tons of bluish smoke poured out of the muffler but im thinking this is from the car sitting for a couple days since the smoke was gone after the engine was warm. When I revved the engine up this time there is still smoke coming from the area around the turbo. I took the heat shield off so I could see exactly where the smoke is coming from and it looks like it is coming from all over the turbo. It smokes a little when the engine is just idling and smokes even worse when the turbo is spooling. I have some ideas but what do you guys think?
Anthonydi is offline   Reply With Quote