View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #6
87hilux7mge
walbro fp

87hilux7mge is on a distinguished road

too me it sounds like the clutch material is bonding to the glaze left on the original flywheel. if it wasnt resurfaced its possible for this to happen, seen and heard it first hand (damn nissan altima...) throwout bearin is possible as well, if you dont grease em up good they like to make noise. also if the T/O bearing isnt made for the clutch kit and its a high load presure plate, it will destroy the stock T/O bearing (first hand knowledge as well).

a lil touch on flywheels here too. lightweight flywheels arent always the way to go. personally, in an N/A car, esp. a heavy one like a mk3, a heavier flywheel is more preferable, as it helps the engine carry and maintain the tq load through the drivetrain. so in other words it would help if you were drifting. a lightweight flywheel i would only ever use for turbo apps, to help alleviate any boost-lag compounding effects. then u dont have to worry as much about carrying the tq load, cuz the turbo is over riding most of the effects of centrifugal effects.

sure with a lightweight flywheel ur n/a will rev quicker and maybe be a lil snappier, but the engine will be working harder in sustained heavy driving.

had a lightweight flywheel in my camaro, worst buy i did for it. i ended up swapping the 14# aftermarket one out for the stock 22# one, and got a whole lot more control out of it. just my .02 Cents!