View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #27
gaitski
Stock

gaitski is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I've just been assuming that everyone has read the entire thread. Long story short, I replaced my valve cover gaskets and sealed the No. 3 cylinder head cover bolts b/c I had oil leaking into my spark plug wells. Once I got everything together (with new spark plugs), on my third drive on the fix, I suddenly lost all power like I'd shifted into neutral. The engine was still running and hitting the gas pushed the RPMs, but I had no go. I eventually came to a stop and the engine died.

Once I got towed home, the engine would start normally, but die after a few seconds. Hitting the gas would increase the RPMs for those few seconds, but it would still die. I then checked the codes again today and got the 43.

Honestly I don't remember if I'd d/c the battery before I took out the ECU. Did I do a stupid thing there? I guess I don't understand how you get the points of the meter into the pins while they're plugged with....the plugs.

Having heard the whole story, do you have any thoughts?

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it. I would love to hand this off to a mechanic near me, but folks won't touch my truck because of all the customization with the 7mge and all.
gaitski is offline   Reply With Quote