View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

I agree with green. If you have the tranny out at minimum resurface the flywheel. Cost me 45 bucks to do mine! Just as you would never re use an old clutch you should never re use an old flywheel surface. Lightweight flywheels are great but at a cost. Atleast $300 bucks for a cheapy, so if your goin for an all out performance engine or just want to squeeze the most out of the motor at any cost, then hell yea go with a light weight fidanza.

But if you are on a budget and just use it as a daily driver. Then resurface the oem flywheel. If it is within limits to do so. (the shop doing the work would kno the limits)

IMHO I don't notice a huge difference for the price of the aftermarket flywheel. So I use oem on my daily driver 1j in my Sig.... But on my full race build 7m I had, I used fidanza. but I was trying to squeeze every HP I could out of it!

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote