View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
vbryanv
3" Exhaust

vbryanv is on a distinguished road

Wow someone with the same problem i had. I found then at an auto zone and they were pretty cheap. You have to remove the intake to give yourself room to get them out. They were a little tricky to get out. What i did was get a small punch and tap the freeze out plug on the right side to get it sideways. After,I used a vise grip to get it out. Make sure you check out the other plugs. I believe there are 3 freeze out plugs on each side of the motor.

When I replaced mine, I used the rubber plugs with a metal plate on each side and a bolt in th middle. I cut a small notch on the outside plate to use a screw driver so i can hold the plug while i tightened the bolt. It's been about 6 months since the repair and no more leak.

I replaced the first 2 plugs on the intake side (both had pin holes, like someone installed them with a punch) and the center plug on the exhaust(blew out). I was going through alot of cooling system issues at the time (bad t-stat, leaking radiator, throttle body hoses leaking,coolant hose under t-stat and freeze out plugs)... Maybe it was just me but check all you cooling system components.
vbryanv is offline   Reply With Quote