View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
ccorbin81
Stock

ccorbin81 is on a distinguished road

The Targa top has significantly less of a rigidity value than a flat to

I want a supra because its contribution to racing. I saw Catanho race the HKS drag supra in '97. Notable driving experiences: I drove a Toyota Supra MKIII turbo from Adana to Antalya Turkey in 2006. And I drove an LE 1997 Supra Twin Turbo two weeks ago through the Rocky Mountain State park (All of these vehicles were hard tops).

Last week I drove a targa supra turbo, Dyno sheet had it sitting around 250whp, relatively close to stock, and it has typical flexing issues that all T-Tops, Moon/Sun roof, and convertible vehicles I have ever driven. Only Porsche really ever got away with adding additional frame/chassis support to it's 944 without creating to much additional weight.

I have driven a couple of Targa's since and they feel sloppy. I drove a non turbo hard top and its noticeably more rigid, but feels like it has about 50 less hp.

By the way, American Muscle cars had T tops long before the Japanese and determined that it lessened the rigidity value of their vehicles enough that additional support to the frame/chassis would increase weight by an unrecoverable amount.
ccorbin81 is offline   Reply With Quote