View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 AM   #3
Midwest_Mudder
Stock

Midwest_Mudder is on a distinguished road

I may be having issues with mine, haven't had the time to test it yet. Idle is all over, yet timing is perfect, new plugs new wires and no vacuum leaks. It'll go up, stick, then come down too far and nearly kill it, if i tap the gas it sticks then will drop too far, then over correct. It does this when warm and when cold. Motor runs strong in all other aspects. Back when I had a neon (the only other computer controlled car I have owned) it's IAC went bad and was doing the exact same things. I was told I could have possibly saved it by cleaning it up.

So, my question is, what is the best way to clean the dang thing. There was some gunk in my throttle body when I bought the car so its not a far reach to think the ICV would be gunked up also. I don't want to pull it off, then clean it with something and have whatever I used kill it.

Also, if it does need replaced, what all other toyota cars have the same part in them? I've found out pretty fast that you put "Supra" in front of the part the damn auto places tack on an extra 50 bucks.

Anyway, not meaning to threadjack, I believe this is all on topic, and I didn't want to make another post when it could all be answered here.
Midwest_Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote