View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
bbullsj
Intake

bbullsj is on a distinguished road
Default cam position sensor wiring

ivce got an 89 supra with a 7mgte motor. the wires on my cam position sensor decided to break a new cps. well they are around $150 so im gonna try and rewire the whole thing but with being an 89 and having been soaked with oil i cant tell which colors are which. i chopped apart the rubber grommet where the wires go into the cps housing and found a red and a green wire so i have those 2. but i have no idea what the other colors are, they all look brown. i think they are supposed to be white and yellow but my question is this: which wires are what color under the cover. i plan on rewiring from the pick ups. does anyone have a picture of which wires are what colors and to which piuck up they go? 3 of the wires coming out of the housing come together but i can't tell what color they are. oh, and the previous owner cut around and took out the connector that attaches the wires from the cps to the harness so i don't have a connector or colors on the harness to match anything up to. i would really appreciate any help, thanks.
bbullsj is offline   Reply With Quote