Thread: Dome Lights
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
*D-Joker*
Intake

*D-Joker* is on a distinguished road

hey guys...im havin the same prob aswell, as u said alot of us hav this prob lol
...anywayz i think my problem is my passenger door switch (cant think of the name of it atm haha) cause its broken it stops the circuit from being completed when you close the door, or the other circuit when the door is open.
that could b another problem if some1 is havin those troubles, it would hav taking me a while 2 figure that out if it wasnt for my friend "helping me", by pushing it until the arm in it flung out hahaha, then we noticed that the metal tab inside was broken (so odviously there was no connection)
im goin to attempt to repair the switch till i find a new 1, and i bought a universal one that is completely different, but it mite have to do if worst comes to worst hahaha
so if your grounding in the dome light assembly is good, then you might be in the same boat as me
...so i will keep you posted on the outcome

also...if i cant find these door switchs (cause the mk3 is so bloody rare round here lol) would any1 know if there is another car with similar switches?...or a certain brand that makes a similar aftermarket 1???
...much appreciated for any help