Thread: Quick question
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
AutoXMan
Stock

AutoXMan is on a distinguished road
Question Quick question

Hello, I just had my ford probe turbo die on me so I parted/junked it out now I wanna get some real power I can take to the tracks. Someone I have known for awhile has the n/a '89 Supra. He is offering to to me, however there is one catch, needs the head gasket to be done. He owns a shop and wants 500 dollars for the condition it is in and I would like to offer him some money to fix it. However he may not get to it anytime soon, and I am still without a car. So I may just give him the 500 soon and then decide where/how to get it fixed. I am antsy to drive this car around its in good condition. My question is, is it worth paying him the 500 and then getting the head gasket fixed? I think it has 160k miles on it. How much do you think the going rate for a shop fixing the head gasket would be? I would be able to do it over the summer, but I am up at school and so is this car (about 2 hours away). The main question is, is this a good investment for a car to drive around in for about 2 years and then i will swap out the motor after college, when i have time/money? Also i know its an inline 6, but what are the factory ratings?? HP and torque wise. Thanx for your help pretty soon i am just going to spend that 500 on the car, I looked up prices around here in Mass, and they are up there I feel this would be a good deal.
AutoXMan is offline   Reply With Quote