View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Travis89Turbo
12psi boost

Travis89Turbo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwpanas View Post
Unfortunately, there's no way to test it. If your ecu signal, coils and plugs are all good, you have to borrow/buy/steal(just kidding)/etc. another ignitor and swap it out.
OK so I did a continuity test on the wiring to the ecu to the igniter IGf signal wire (red-blue) and it checks good! I then was tryin to check for voltage goin into the ecu... I'm not sure exactly how the IGf signal is suppose to be. But as soon as I turn the key to "on" I get a solid 5.0v. To me that doesn't sound right. I kno 5v is its operating voltage but shouldn't it only give voltage when the igniter is giving a feedback signal and not when key is Jus in on position?

The supra community is very small here in Utah. And especially for 1j or 2j. So the only way I could try it is by buying one. Which if it comes to that I will I just want to try and narrow it down to either ecu or igniter. The ecu on 1j are very problematic but usually its just the caps that go out and when they get replaced they usually work again. But it is not unheard of for it to go out completely. I have had it apart and traced the wire tracks and everything seems to be in order with no corrosion from melted caps anywhere. The only ecu for a 1j I can get is either oem used from Japan for $650 bucks or a standalone. I was planning on goin with an EMS stinger but thats $900 plus dyno tune. I wanted to wait till I had bigger injectors before i did that so I didn't have to re-tune when I do. And right at this moment thanks to the beautiful tax system I owe them 1k this yr so money is tight.

I appreciate the help. Do you think the 5v out of the igniter feedback constant is normal?

1995 Toyota Supra SE 71k miles. Master power T70
stock 2jzge

1989 Toyota Supra. 1jzgte swap 5 speed of course..
Driftmotion 60-1 single turbo kit. Cxracing FMIC. 2jz 550cc injectors... soon to come..... EMS Stinger. BC 264 cams 680cc injectors Spec stage 4 clutch and A LOT of boost!------SOLD

1999 Ford F350 diesel

2004 Jaguar XJR Supercharged

If it hasnt broke you haven pushed it hard enough!!
Travis89Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote