View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:45 PM   #33
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road
Default ECT to B2 to AT wire connections make no sense in my '88 7M GTE -no ground connection

Ok here's the deal:

Have wire connector out from ECT near passenger footwell.
It connects to 6 pin connector 'B' style right next to engine starter motor (using 5 pins of 6 available slots).
From this connector next wire goes straight to AT where it splits into 2 branches, one to back 1/3 of AT, one branch to very back of AT.

ECT wire to B connector (near starter):
5 pins female at connector:
Green/Black = Solenoid #1
Green/Yellow = Solenoid #2
Blue / Red = Solenoid Lock up
Red / Green = T/M Speed sensor
Brown = Ground (from ECT it hits a Junction box, according to TEWD, and splits to a ground to body and to this wire to Connector B)

B connector wire (near starter) to AT:
4 PINS male ONLY here - where's the stupid ground going to?? - nowhere. No pin to hook into it. It simply terminates in the connector. Wtf, that makes no sense.
AND according to '87 and '89 TEWD my wiring colors are off here anyway direct to AT - they are supposed to match colors above. Here's what they are in real life.
Solenoid #1 pin = White
Solenoid #2 pin = Black
Solenoid Lock up = Yellow
T/M Speed sensor = Red

Am I over thinking this?? My solenoids I can activate all 3 at the ECT end wire with a 9 Volt battery and hear them all click, I also did the same at the male connector pins at B connector (the wh, blk, yell pins - they all click here too). Yet my AT transmission codes 62 & 63 are still up and are saying I have a severed or shorted connection on both Solenoid #1 and #2 in the AT.

And even more on my mind, if Solenoid #1 and / or #2 really was not functioning at all or properly, could that somehow generate a massive drag in the powertrain and account for my horrible 13 m.p.g. driving as lightly as possible, and low car pulling power and when cold the car will hardly move when idle speed is perfect etc... ?? It drives off ok when engine op temp is normal (with low power issues the norm since I bought car).