View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:05 AM   #32
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road
Default TPS is good. Strange results for AT error codes 62, 63 from investigation

Thanks Cre!! I always feel better if you are weighing in.

So, yeah got it all sorted. The TPS values are all in the ballpark. I think it's fine.
If I measure VTA - E2 at WOT my value is 3.6 at rX1000
VTA - E2 with .9mm simulated gap at throttle stop the value is 5.5 at rx100, 0 at rx1000
VTA - E2 with 0mm gap there, value is 5 at rx100 or 0 at rx1000 (should be 0.2 to 1.2K ohms)
IDL - E2 at WOT is infinite.
VC - E2 59 at rx100 5.1 at rx1000 (should be 4.25 - 8.25K ohms)
There's more I measured but I think this covers it generally.
TT (ECT) - E1 at diagnosis box I read under 1 volt and then up to about 7.5 volts at WOT. That all checks out ok.

Here's where things get real strange. Still have AT errors 62 and 63 stored.
Did a full wiring analysis with visual, resistance and alternative power source.

Basically, if I break the 5 pin connector apart from near starter from ECT to transmission, and also when I went all the way to where that connects back to the ECT, if I run a 9 Volt battery + to each pin - Solenoid #1, Solenoid #2 and Solenoid Lock I can activate them all and hear them distinctly click (while grounded to frame). Both at 5 pin breakaway spot, and at ECT ending cable connector spot.
Resistance Ohm values in and out of ECT are in spec up these three using brown ECT ground in unit as ground (all 3 are 11 - 12 ohm resistance).
However, if I Ohm meter the cable connector that attaches to the ECT near passenger footwell, this is not right.
Solenoid #1 pin resistance = infinite
Solenoid #2 pin resistance = 70 at rX100 setting AND 19 at rX1000 setting.
Solenoid lock resistance = infinite.

So, what is this deal here? It would seem that I have electrical wire short or sever. Yet I can send power down these exact pins and activate the solenoids in distant transmission.
The damn barn mice didn't get their grubby little jaws on the wiring anywhere near the ECT, it looks like this whole area just rolled off the factory floor.
So am in crazy crazy land? (I think I bought a big piece of property there anyway with this car...)

Last edited by rjSupra; 04-02-2011 at 01:14 AM. Reason: fixing error
rjSupra is offline   Reply With Quote