View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:20 PM   #26
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road
Default Auto transmission errors #62 and #62 - could this cause my power loss read this tsrm

FOR AT in Supra, in TSRM page AT 6 it says:

"Line pressure
Line pressure is the most basic and important pressure used in the AT, b/c it is used to operate all the clutches and brakes in the transmission.
If the primary regulator valve does not operate correctly, line pressure will be either too high or too low. Line pressure that is too high will lead to shifting shock, and consequent engine power loss due to the greater effort required of the oil pump; line pressure that is too low will cause slippage of clutches and brakes and in extreme cases, prevent the vehicle from moving. Therefore if either of these problems are noted, the line pressure should be measured to see if it is within standard."

I am noting engine power loss big time. When the car is started cold it will either not basically move, like the slightest incline in a simple driveway will either bog down the engine all the way to stall it, or rev and go nowhere. Once my Engine heat temp is normal, I can drive off - albeit with an appalling loss of power, worse than a gutless truck always. How would I check this stuff? I have the car way up in air, to grease the zerks on my new lower ball joints. Are there also electrical cables I should inspect under there for mouse / chipmunk eatage? (There were tons of nests in the car and engine bay when I bought it).

CORRECTION: I cut and pasted the #62 and #63 AT error codes from elsewhere - note the grammatical error on cut n paste too.
However, the scanned TSRM from Cgynus X-1 is more clarifying and specific:
62 is 'Severed #1 solenoid or short circuit - severed wire harness or short circuit
63 is 'Severed #2 solenoid or short circuit - severed wire harness or short circuit
Not sure where to verify all this, but doing more research now online and will root around under car more too.

And another note, the shifting all works, R, D, L, OD etc... it starts in first gear and goes up through 2nd, 3rd and OD. Reverse is fine too. In 'Econ' it shifts early in my opinion, but 'power' is better. So, if anyone wants to send some pointers my way or dealt with these errors / issues let me know!!

Last edited by rjSupra; 03-31-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: clarifying error codes quotes
rjSupra is offline   Reply With Quote