View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
Green7mgte
Supra Forum Moderator

Green7mgte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post

As far as the studs for the fan, the best way to get those out is to put two nuts on the exposed threads, tighten them together with two 10mm wrenches, then use the inside nut to unscrew the stud off of the water pump.
damn, Thats ingenuity. Probably would of figured that one out if I would of spent the time and thought about it.. It was around 9pm when I started working on it and I finished around 2am.. Water pump isn't life or death if your not getting a constant stream, I had more like a trickle so I could of gotten a few more days of back and forth from work outta it. But I don't like driving around with obvious issues.
I was gonna change the thermostat but I changed that and did a flush before winter came.
Just doing a search I see allot of mechanics change the timing belt at the same time cause "half of the labor is already done." So, if I look at it by a "pay by the hour" type deal then yea I probably would of done it anyhow.
There are few things I don't like doing on my car and timing is one of them. I've been putting off replacing my cps o ring and cover gasket for a season because I don't do timing well.
More immediate issues are rising, such as my lower ball joints are creaking, probably due to all the salt and 20 years of road use. I obtained one and am going to get the other one next week but in the mean time I took 1/2 gallon of old motor oil and mixed it with a 1/2 gallon of diesel fuel. Hopefully that will take care of the dry bones till next weekend. Nothing worse then driving a car and having it creek to make everyone look at you and think "fix your car."

92 Ma71 7mGTE Auto. SafcII
Supra FAQ
Supra MKIII FAQ
Classified Section guidelines :

Green7mgte is offline   Reply With Quote