View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #25
rjSupra
3" Exhaust

rjSupra is on a distinguished road
Default AT error codes #62 #63 back - same as before after batt removed & drove 40 miles

ok, well, the engine codes reset and there are none - from pulling neg batt terminal overnight last sat night.
Since re-connected neg batt terminal, only drove 2 legs of 45 miles and idled a bunch for timing check in garage.
the AT codes are supposed re-set with no power to ECU like engine.
YET, they are both very much there and stored... that's a bit of a surprise so i guess i have a legit prob there.
AT just seems to shift a bit hard here and there, and early in 'Econ' mode with OD on... but otherwise seems solid... normal shifts not hard, but if I have any throttle and have OD 'off' and click to 'on' it usually has a pretty hard shift into OD that I can hear / feel from the rear diff area. Like much too sharp for a normal car. Like a whump and whole car bumps a bit. No throttle and the shift is not abrupt.
I have noticed a 'waxed skiis' type of smell, like when I am ironing wax on my snowboard - that's the smell almost exactly the last 3 times I drove the car/ was not there before even though the error codes on the AT were there before the new smell. AT error codes #62, and #63

one of many other things I need to check. Could this be causing some sort of heavy drag on the car and give me lousy power and mpg?

Defective No1 solenoid of short circuit-severed wire harness or short circuit.
Defective No2 solenoid or short circuit-severed wire harness or short circuit.